[R] Calculate Range

SCRIPTHAM JML at CWAZY.CO.UK
Sat Nov 16 22:49:49 CET 2013

Hi

My R version is the current version as at 15 Nov 2013.

I have tried to calculate range using tapply() with FUN=range.
tapply() returns two fields, the ID field and a field of two text items one
is the maximum and the other is the minimum.
I take as the difference max - min, does R use a different term for range in
tapply?

I have also tried
aggregate() with Fun=range, with Fun=min and FUN=max
and they also gave problems.

What is the best route to calculate ranges for groups within a data frame.

Thanks.
Scriptham.