[R] Analysis

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Nov 14 03:40:00 CET 2013

Don't know if the data will support the result that you want but the
only way to get some sort of answer is to hire a statistician.

ranjan

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:58:30 -0400 Jim Silverton
<jim.silverton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have 187 urine cultures which were subjected to culture and microscopy
> methods. Video were used to 'verify' the findings. Culture is considered
> the gold method. But Microscopy is another method which may be cheaper. I
> checked the videos to determine whether bacteria was growing on both the
> culture and microscopy readings to ' verify' what was really happening.
>
> My question is this...How can I show that Microscopy is superior?
> Is there a special test available?
>

>      *Microscopy*        *Positive* *Negative*    *Culture Positive* *Video
> Positive* *47* *5* *52*  Video Negative 0 *2* *2*  *Culture Negative* Video
> Positive  18 *0* *18*  *Video Negative* *5* *110* *115*      *70* *117*
> *187*
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Jim.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.