[R] r package to solve for Nash equilibrium

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 13 09:06:46 CET 2013

On 11/12/13 02:49, Dereje Fentie wrote:
> Is there an r package out there that solves for pure strategy* Nash
> equilibrium of a two-person game*? A search for Nash equilibrium in r
> provides a link to the *GNE* package which solves for the Generalized Nash
> equilibrium. But what I would like to solve is a pure strategy Nash
> equilibrium.

Please be aware that "R" is spelt with an upper case "R"!!!

I can't answer your question, but you should note two things (of which
you may
not be aware).

(1) There may not *be* a pure strategy Nash equilibrium.

(2) There may be more than one Nash equilibrium.

If the GNE package finds *all* Nash equilibria for a given game
(I don't know whether it does, or if it stops with the first equilibrium
it comes to) and *if* there is a pure strategy equilibrium, then this
will be amongst the solutions found, and you just have to pick it out.

     cheers,

     Rolf Turner