[R] Newbie Question: Repeatable Tasks

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Mon Nov 4 17:03:10 CET 2013

Breaking up the task is an excellent way
of thinking.

John's solution is probably simplest in the
short run but not necessarily best in the
long run.

How I'd do it is write a function for each
of your three tasks and then have a script
to call the functions.  There would be two
source files: one with the function definitions
and one with the script.

The advantage of functions is that they tend
to encourage breaking up tasks, and they are
more likely to be useful in more than one
instance.  They help achieve long-term laziness.

Pat

On 04/11/2013 13:09, John Kane wrote:
> Just type the commands in the Source window of RStudioo, debug,  save as a .r file and source it.
>
> I don't see any particular reason to have three scripts once everything is running correctly but you may find it useful.
>
> John Kane
> Kingston ON Canada

Patrick Burns
pburns at pburns.seanet.com