[R] Mixture of beta distributions

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Fri May 31 12:02:40 CEST 2013

On Thu, 30 May 2013, Jim Silverton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for an R package that can handle a mixture of two beta
> continuous distributions or a mixture of two beta discrete discrete
> distributions.

The "betareg" package provides a function betamix() for finite mixture
models of beta regressions (which may be beta distributions if no
regressors are included). Maybe that is useful for you? It is described in
the vignette("betareg-ext", package = "betareg").

> Is it possible to force the distributions to be either strictly
> increasing or strictly decreasing?

Not in betamix(). Parameters are estimated freely.

hth,