[R] p values of plor

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 29 16:09:41 CEST 2013

AIC is a different story.  To do hypothesis tests on terms, use anova()
or dropterm() (as done in the book):

library(MASS)
example(polr)
dropterm(house.plr, test = "Chisq")

Single term deletions

Model:
Sat ~ Infl + Type + Cont
        Df    AIC     LRT   Pr(Chi)
<none>    3495.1
Infl    2 3599.4 108.239 < 2.2e-16
Type    3 3545.1  55.910 4.391e-12
Cont    1 3507.5  14.306 0.0001554

That is an object of class "anova", so can be saved and subsetted.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk