[R] survival in R

Troels Ring tring at gvdnet.dk
Fri May 24 22:55:06 CEST 2013

Dear friends - I hope it is OK to ask a question on the principles of
survival analysis. I'm a medical person in this project, but wonders
about the statistical methods proposed. We have a huge dataset and
assumption of proportional hazard is said to be fulfilled if survival
time is fractionated into short, intermediate and long time survival. I
wonder if it should not be better to have a more generalized method
encompassing the entirety of the observation period.

Best wishes

Troels Ring, MD
Department of nephrology
Aalborg, Denmark