[R] old Windows binary for GBM package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 21 00:20:46 CEST 2013

On 20.05.2013 23:24, Andrew Z wrote:
> Is there a place to an old version (GBM 1.6 or 2.0) of the Windows
> 64-bit binary for the GBM package?
>
> In GBM 2.1, CV does not work on any of my data sets, so I reported it
> to https://code.google.com/p/gradientboostedmodels/ . However, I would
> like to soon continue to use GBM for a project, and I prefer not to
> set up a build environment on Windows to build from source.

At least CRAN does not keep copies of old binaries, there is a version
2.0-8 for R-2.14.x, and version 1.6-3.1 for R-2.13.x, but hese R
versions are rather ancient, hence I'd suggest to try to learn how to
install from sources, in most cases it is not too hard.

Or ask the maintainer for a fix again so that we see a proper update on
CRAN soon.

Best,
Uwe Ligges