[R] exporting data into STATA

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sat May 18 16:53:49 CEST 2013

Presumably it means what it says : You have  a non-ASCII character in the dataset. Any accented character, for example, is going to be outside the basic ASCII character set.

Examples
  mydata  <-  data.frame(étt=1:10) # error
  newdata  <- data.frame(ntt=1:10) # no error

See http://www.theasciicode.com.ar/ for a list

  write.dta(mydata, file = "stata.dta")

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada