[R] inverse for formula transformations on LHS

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Fri May 17 21:58:00 CEST 2013

Paul,

Inverting log(y)  is just the beginning of the problem,  after that you need to
teach predict.lm()  that E(y |x) = exp(x'betahat + .5*sigmahat^2) and then further
lessons are required to get it to understand how to adapt its confidence and
prediction bands…  and then you need to generalize all of this to other
transformations.  Quite a project!

Best,
Roger

Roger Koenker