[R] Correctly Setting New Seed

Wed May 8 20:35:22 CEST 2013

"Crashes" is not a clear description. When I execute the statement:

set.seed(seed)

I get the error

Error in set.seed(seed) : object 'seed' not found

which makes sense because there is no variable defined that is called "seed".

Choose a literal value like 42:

set.seed(42)

or define the variable

seed <- 42
set.seed(seed)

and you should not get that error.

If you get a different error message, then give us a better clue how to reproduce it. (Also, please post plain text email as the Posting Guide requests. You have read that, right?)
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing