[R] Rgl

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:31:18 CET 2013

On 13-03-30 3:27 PM, Benjamin Caldwell wrote:
> Dear r users,
> I have two kinds of data I'm trying to represent in Rgl.
>
> The first are measurements of soils: heights, diameters, and centerpoints
> of each. I would typically represent these in 3d space as cylinders or
> cones.
> The second are radar data of the area under the solids , xyz plus amplitude
> that I would like to represent as a point cloud.
> Is there a currently implemented method to represent both solids and points
> in the same graph using Rgl?

Just plot both on the same graph.  The cylinder3d function produces an
object which will be rendered as a cylinder (you need to call shade3d to
render it).  There's no function for cones, but a cylinder with a very
small radius at one end would be close.  You can't set the radius to
zero currently:  it puts a bunch of points at the same position and gets
confused.  Should probably fix that.

Duncan Murdoch