[R] panel model hausman test

londonphd r.otojanov at qmul.ac.uk
Sat Mar 23 18:59:01 CET 2013

Hi,

I am trying to run panel regression using Fixed and Random effects models. I
am getting the following error message after running the hausman test

>Fmodel=plm(gdp ~ labour+gfcf+oil+coal+gas+hydroel+nuclear+rnwable, model =
"within", data = new.frame,index = c("id"))

 >Rmodel=plm(gdp ~ labour+gfcf+oil+coal+gas+hydroel+nuclear+rnwable, model =
"random", data = new.frame,index = c("id"),random.method="amemiya")

>phtest(Fmodel,Rmodel)
>Error in solve.default(dvcov) :
  system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number =
1.76944e-20

I would really appreciate if you could help