[R] remove specific number of rows from a matrix

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 23:02:01 CET 2013

Hi,
Try:
f<-c(1,2)
 d[-seq_along(f),]
#     a  b
#[1,] 3  8
#[2,] 4  9
#[3,] 5 10
A.K.

----- Original Message -----
From: Andras Farkas <motyocska at yahoo.com>
To: r-help at r-project.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:53 PM
Subject: [R] remove specific number of rows from a matrix

Dear All,

sorry, got stuck again on the following: let us say we have:

a <-c(1:5)
b <-c(6:10)
d <-cbind(a,b)

from d I would like to remove total number of rows based on the length of f. So if:

f <-c(1)

my result is working great with the following solution:

d[-length(f),]

so I get:     a  b
[1,] 2  7
[2,] 3  8
[3,] 4  9
[4,] 5 10 but if I do: f <-c(1,2) then I get:      a  b
[1,] 1  6
[2,] 3  8
[3,] 4  9
[4,] 5 10 which tells us ideed, the code works well:-), but it is not what I need Instead, I wanted to remove row #1 adn row#2 from the matrix to get: [1,] 3  8
[2,] 4  9
[3,] 5 10  as the end result. Please provide your insights to solve this problem.  Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Andras