[R] List of default packages (that come with R)

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Tue Mar 19 20:22:38 CET 2013

Assuming you haven't removed any core packages you could look at
the "Priority" column in the output of installed.packages().  I think all
the ones marked "base" or "recommended" are shipped with R:
  > i <- installed.packages()
  > i[ i[,"Priority"] %in% c("base","recommended"), c("Package", "Priority")]
             Package      Priority
  base       "base"       "base"
  boot       "boot"       "recommended"
  mgcv       "mgcv"       "recommended"