[R] Spearman rank correlation

Zia mel ziad.kamel25 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:16:14 CET 2013

Hi

If I get a p-value less than 0.05 does that mean there is a
significant relation between the 2 ranked lists? Sometimes I get a low
correlation such as 0.3 or even 0.2 and the p-value is so low , such
as 0.000001 , does that mean it is significant also? and would that be
interpreted as significant low positive correlation or significant
moderate positive correlation? Also,can R calculate the results for
lists > 30 for spearman or I need to shift to pearson correlation in
that case? and finally what does the (S=) in the results mean?

Many thanks