[R] 2 questions about svg output

Ivan Zaigralin melikamp at melikamp.com
Wed Mar 13 21:52:57 CET 2013

Hi everybody :)

I use R to plot things in svg format. One of the things is text, of course.
I noticed that text() in svg() gets saved as path, which is unacceptable
for my purposes. (Interestingly, text() in cairo_pdf() gets saved as text.)
Is there a way to save text as text in svg?

And paths also is what I plot a lot. I know there is segments(), which plots
disconnected segments, and things like polypath(), which create closed paths
(and subpaths). These are all very useful, but is there a function to draw
a multi-segment path without closing it? That is, without connecting the
last vertex to the first one?

Thanks!