[R] lmer (LME4) and survey standard error

David Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Sat Mar 9 16:31:39 CET 2013

Hello,

I am using lmer (LME4) to build a model from data for 19 different
neighborhoods drawn, in part, from the American Communities Survey
(ACS). The ACS data is static while other variables change over the
five years under investigation. I am new to mixed effects models and
was hoping that someone could suggest a way to include the ACS
standard error for each covariate into the model. I currently call
lmer as follows:

#Y = dependent variable (numeric, vector)
#G = neighborhood names (string, vector)
#X = independent variables (numeric, matrix)

m = lmer(Y ~ (1|G) + X)

Thank you,
-david