[R] grouping followed by finding frequent patterns in R

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat Mar 9 15:57:05 CET 2013

I **suggest** that you explain what you wish to accomplish using a
reproducible example rather than telling us what packages you think
you should use. I believe you are making things too complicated; e.g.
what do you mean by "frequent patterns"?  Moreover, "basket format" is
rather unclear -- and may well be unnecessary. But using lists, it
could be simply accomplished by

?split  ## as in
the_list <- with(yourdata, split(TYP,  CIN.TRN))

or possibly

the_list <- with(yourdata, tapply(TYP,CIN.TRN, FUN = table))

Of course, these may be irrelevant and useless, but without knowing
your purpose ...?

-- Bert