[R] Upgrading to R version 2.15.3 under Fedora.

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Mar 4 21:01:22 CET 2013

On Mar 4, 2013, at 1:48 PM, Rolf Turner <rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> From time to time since the release of R 2.15.3 was announced
> I have tried to upgrade from 2.15.2 by doing
>
>    sudo yum install R
>
> I keep getting
>
>> Package R-2.15.2-1.fc17.x86_64 already installed and latest version
>> Nothing to do
>
> Has the upgrade really not propagated to the Fedora repositories yet?
>
> Or is it the case that I am doing something wrong or that there is some
> other action or adjustment required?
>
> I am running Fedora 17.1.
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
>    cheers,
>
>        Rolf Turner

Rolf,

According to Koji, which is the Fedora build system:

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1230

2.15.3 is not yet available. So 2.15.2 is the most recent version available from the Fedora stable repos.

You would also want to typically use:

  sudo yum update R

You could contact Tom Callaway to see what the timeline for 2.15.3 might be. He is cc'd here for convenience.

Also, you can track the general package building and testing status for R here:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/R

BTW Rolf, Fedora (and RH/RH derivative) related queries should go to r-sig-fedora: