[R] Ploting different values with different colors

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Mar 1 08:32:23 CET 2013

Hi

Well, you did not provide much info to let us help you. What is e.g. x[,3]?

I can only guess, that it is the same as cover variable. If yes, you need to change it to ordered factor, if you want to use it for selection.

something like

sel.col<-ordered(x[,3])
plot(Q.xy[,1],Q.xy[,2],pch=16, cex=2.6, col=heat.colors(8)[as.numeric(sel.col)])

can do what you want if there is really only 8 unique values.

You could also consider some graphic devices which can use alpha transparency

??alpha

Regards
Petr