[R] Data Package Query

Thu Jun 27 18:47:06 CEST 2013

"data" is a base function (so you should not have to load any packages to use it), and it is not capitalized. Depending on the particular data set you want the data function to load, you may need to load the package that contains that data set.

A common error by beginners (which may or may not be your problem in this case) is to create a variable called "data". Unfortunately this hides the function named "data" and from that time forward that R session doesn't work when you type example code that uses the data function. If this is your problem, the best solution is to restart R and do your analysis from the beginning using a different variable name than "data". (This is why keeping your working code in a separate text file is standard operating procedure.)

Note that I am guessing here... the Posting Guide asks you to give a reproducible example so we don't have to guess what you have done.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing