[R] Issue with Imports in NAMESPACE

Søren Højsgaard sorenh at math.aau.dk
Tue Jun 25 12:50:42 CEST 2013

Dear all,
In my gRbase package I have up until now "Depend"-ed on RBGL (from Bioconductor), but good people have convinced me that I should use "Import"-it instead because I only use few functions from RBGL.

In DESCRIPTION I therefore now have
Imports: Matrix,RBGL

In NAMESPACE I now have
importFrom(RBGL, maxClique, is.triangulated, separates)

The package compiles without complaints, but I have noticed that if I start a fresh R-session, then maxClique etc. from RBGL is NOT available for "interactive use" in my session:
> library(gRbase)
> maxClique
Error: object 'maxClique' not found

1) Is this as it should be?

2) If yes, is there any other way in which maxClique can be imported for interactive use without Depend-ing the whole RBGL package?

Best regards
Søren