[R] Elementary Help

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 15:26:14 CEST 2013

HI,
Probably, this is the case.  It is better to provide a reproducible example data as mentioned in the posting guide.
set.seed(24)
dat1<- data.frame(ID=c(1:3,5:8,10:14),value=sample(1:40,12,replace=TRUE))
 IDs<- 1:14  #the possible ID list
setdiff(IDs,dat1$ID)
#[1] 4 9
length(setdiff(IDs,dat1$ID))
#[1] 2
A.K.

Hi, Unfortunately somehow it won't help. The unused values are not NA,
the unused values are simply not there. Since these are student Ids, for
 instance there is no 4,8,9 etc... I need to find out which of these are
 not there.