[R] Survey imputation

Scott Raynaud scott.raynaud at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 19:37:27 CEST 2013

I'm working with NHIS survye data.  I'd like the to use muliple imputation
to cover the missing data for the variables in which I'm interested.  My
question concerns the use of certain variables in the imputation model.
For example, race would be an important predictor in the imputation
model, but it has been imputed (hot deck) as have other variables that
might be useful in the imputation model.  What is the wisdom of using
data that have been imputed in subsequent imputations models?