[R] survreg with measurement uncertainties

Kyle Penner kpenner at as.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 12 02:01:31 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have some measurements that I am trying to fit a model to.  I also
have uncertainties for these measurements.  Some of the measurements
are not well detected, so I'd like to use a limit instead of the
actual measurement.  (I am always dealing with upper limits, i.e. left
censored data.)

I have successfully run survreg using the combination of well detected
measurements and limits, but I would like to include the measurement
uncertainty (for the well detected measurements) in the fitting.  As
far as I can tell, survreg doesn't support this.  Does anyone have a
suggestion for how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Kyle