[R] 3.0.1 update and compiler package

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Jun 4 15:12:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

Did you try:

update.packages(installed.packages()[,1])

or

install.packages(installed.packages()[,1])

This will reinstall the packages you have on your system and for which
updates for 3.0.1 exist.

In my experience, as recounted here earlier, update.packages()
does not always work: it breaks because it fails to also recognize the
need to update some dependencies.

If reducing bandwidth is your concern, you can update the ones that
did not update manually, but note that this is a long drawn process
with one dependency leading to another in many cases.

All this is from my experience of updating R 2.15.2 to R 3.0.0 and
later R 3.0.1: of course YMMV.

HTH,
Ranjan

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 20:41:21 +1200 Christoph Knapp
<christoph.knapp01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> reinstalling R did not help. It still will not update the same packages.
> I attached the terminal output. There were no errors while I was
> installing R again. I might have to remove all libraries and reinstall
> them all. Would you agree or do you think I should try something else
> first which is not as extreme.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Christoph
>
> On 03/06/13 20:32, Pascal Oettli wrote:
> > My mistake,
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pascal

> >> Actually the new R installation is just broken. It simply has to be
> >> reinstalled carefully (watch for errors).
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Uwe Ligges

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional
e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.