[R] installing package 'rqpd' (Regression quantiles for panel data)

Manish K. Srivastava mksrivas at mtu.edu
Mon Jun 3 16:19:41 CEST 2013

Hello R community members,

I'm trying to install the 'rqpd' package which is developed by Roger
Koenker and Stefan Bache. When I try to install the package using the
command 'install.packages("rqpd",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")'
I'm getting the following two messages:

i) package ‘rqpd’ is available as a source package but not as a binary
ii) package ‘rqpd’ is not available (for R version 3.0.1)

On checking the Log of /pkg on the r-forge.r.project.org website, I find
that the package was last modified on May 8,2012 and was made compatible
with R>2.14.

"Quick fix to make it compile for R >= 2.14"

So, in another attempt, I downloaded the older version of R (2.14) to see if the 'rqpd' package could be installed using the older version, but still I had no luck.

Is there any way I could still use this package?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Manish

*Manish K. Srivastava