[R] Strange behaviour of R graphics copied to PowerPoint

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Mon Jun 3 16:08:43 CEST 2013

I have come across this issue many times. I have yet to find a pattern in what causes this.

At least I can offer a workaround. Instead of using "Save As" to create the pdf, what I do is "Print" with "Adobe PDF" as the printer. This gets rid of those lines and the resulting pdf looks just as nice.

There is one slight disadvantage to this. Hyperlinks in your Powerpoint presentation that are not directly given as a URL (with no line breaks) will no longer work. So, if you have:

http://www.r-project.org/

in your slide, then this will be "clickable". However, if the hyperlink is a property of the object (e.g., text, button) in the slide, then it won't be anymore clickable when you "print" it (while "Save As" does preserve those links).

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology