[R] How to compute a P-value for a complex mixture of chi-squared distributions in R

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Jun 3 14:11:27 CEST 2013

You need to be more explicit about what you are doing.
For this problem:
     y = (x1 + x2)/2
where x1 and x2 are chi-square random variables, you want to use the pchisqsum() routine
found in the survey package.  This is not a trivial computation.

For the alternate problem where y is a random choice of either x1 or x2
     y = ifelse(z, x1, x2)
z is binomial and x1, x2 are chisq, then the suggestion by Peter Dalgaard is correct.

Which of these two are you trying to solve?

Terry Therneau