[R] variable bandwidths in R

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sun Jul 28 19:38:34 CEST 2013

Hello,

You should Cc the list, the odds of getting more and better answers is
greater.
I don't believe what you want is statistically sound, why more than one
bandwidth? Anyway, if density() doesn't do what you need, you can try to
look for similar functions in other packages. Try the following.

library(sos)

findFn('kernel density estimation')

There are several hits with 'kde' in the name of the function. But I
doubt they implement multiple bandwidths per call.

Rui Barradas