[R] readTiff - Sorry can't handle images with 32-bit samples

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 00:08:16 CEST 2013

Disclaimer: I haven't seen your tif file and I know nothing about
readTiff... but here go some general comments.

TIF files can use different bit depths (number of bits to store each
pixel (or each color for each pixel). Most common software outputs 8-
or 16-bits, but your file probably has a higher bit depth of 32 bits
per sample. Apparently readTiff cannot handle such bit depth.

You may need to convert the 32-bit delth file(s) into 16-bit depth (or
whatever readTiff can handle). My suggestion would be to look at
ImageMagick, but you may also be able to use some image editing
applications to do that,

Peter