[R] Hmisc ctable rotate option obsolete?

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Fri Jul 26 17:34:46 CEST 2013

Dear R-Users and R-Devels,

I may have found a deprecated option for the 'latex' function in the Hmisc package. I am working with Hmisc and knitr and tried the following code:

 \documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{amsmath, amssymb}
\usepackage{ctable}
%\usepackage{booktabs}
\begin{document}
<<results = 'asis'>>=
library(Hmisc)
iris.t <- head(iris)
iris.t[seq(2, NROW(iris.t), by = 2),] <- format(iris.t[seq(2, NROW(iris.t), by = 2),], scientific = TRUE)
texMat <- matrix("", ncol = 5, nrow = 6)
texMat[seq(2,nrow(texMat), by = 2), ] <- "scriptsize"
latex(iris.t,
file = '',
landscape = TRUE,
dcolumn = TRUE,
col.just = c('r','c', 'r','c', 'l'),
cdec = c(0, 0, 1, 1, 0),
na.blank = TRUE,
rowname = '',
rowlabel = '',
cellTexCmd = texMat,
ctable = TRUE,
cgroup = c('Observations', ''),
n.cgroup = c(4, 1),
rgroup = c('',''),
n.rgroup = c(3, 3),
caption = 'iris'
)
@
\end{document}

Everything runs fine but the 'landscape' option. It says in the help for 'latex' that if option 'ctable' is set to TRUE the 'rotate' option for ctable is used if 'nadscape' is set TRUE. Looking at the ctable documentary (http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/ctable/ctable.pdf) in section Change History, I get for version v1.07: General: Added option sideways, option rotate now obsolete. Hasn't this been updated in the Hmisc package?

Best

Simon