[R] Utility scores from mlogit/clo​git for CBC

GameRed Jonathan at immersyve.com
Wed Jul 24 20:49:41 CEST 2013

Hello Everyone,

 I am a graduate student working on a CBC study. I want to give participants
3 choices per task with a None option, so I have been looking at doing a
multinomial or conditional logit model. My issue is that in my experience,
logistic regressions involve dummy coding or having levels of a factor
compare with a base level. So if you have a factor with 3 attributes, the
analysis yields 2 coeefficents which give their relation to the third
attribute.

I thought that the utility scores were equal to the coeeficients, but when I
look at other analysis software such as XLstat or Sawtooth, they have a
utility score for each attribute.

Can anyone explain where I am going wrong? I would greatly appreciate it.

 I have also considered using the rhierMnlRwMixture command in the bayesm
package, but can not figure out if I am setting up the data correctly.

Thanks for your time,