[R] Windows 7 (Swedish): 'Rcmd INSTALL' fails

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Jul 21 00:51:00 CEST 2013

On 21.07.2013 00:26, Göran Broström wrote:
> I am trying to build a Windows zip file of a private package by
>
> C:/Program/R/R-3.0.1/bin/x64/Rcmd INSTALL --build --library=.
> epigen_0.1.tar.gz

Why --library=. ?
Do you have appropriate poermissions to do that? In this case, you need
to start everything with admin priviliges explicitly unless your Windows
is configured differently.

> but I get errors like
>
> 1: package 'datasets' in options("defaultPackages") was not found
>
> and, finally,
>
> Error in normalsizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
> path[1]="C:/Program/R/R-3.0.1/library/tools": Atkomst nekad
> (Access denied)
>
> This is on a Swedish version of Windows 7. I noticed that the R
> installer called the installation directory "Program Files" instead of
> "Program" (despite my effort to change it), so I tried the same thing

But there is "Program Files", "Program" is just something like a link
shown by the Windows Explorer that actually points to "Program Files".

> with an English version of Windows 7 (on another machine), and there
> everything went as expected.
>
> I installed R on both machines today so the setups should be identical,
> except for the languages. What can be wrong? Can it be a language/path
> thing?

Probably not the language but different admin settings.

Best,
Uwe Ligges