[R] Looking for knitr example for beginner (NO RStudio)

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:50:25 CEST 2013

Hi,
@Yihui
When I am using a public computer, say university computer lab or
financial company.  I do not have control what to install.

I'm also very happy with R editor on OS X, it integrates with Mac
well.  As for my Mac Air, I am keeping installation to the minimal.

There are a lot links on your page, I don't understand what I am
reading.  What is Rnw, what is markdown?  As a newbie, it's above my
level.  I googled Rnw, it's refers to Sweave package, now I am
tracking back to Sweave.

As a user, I want to spend more time using the package, not installing.

@Simon: thanks, I will definitely rename the extension.  I really hope
there will be a more thorough description somewhere soon.

Mike