[R] Orders of levels affecting wilcox.test() output

David Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 18 17:56:10 CEST 2013

The short answer is whichever version you want since they are
the same. Look at the t-test results, they are also different.
In one t is positive and in the other it is negative. That is
just a result of whether the smaller mean is subtracted from
the larger mean or vice versa. The same is happening with
Wilcoxon (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann-Whitney-Wilcoxon_test ) for
the specific equations.

David L Carlson