[R] While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 12 20:02:58 CEST 2013

On 12-07-2013, at 19:49, Berend Hasselman <bhh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 12-07-2013, at 18:04, Ravi Varadhan <ravi.varadhan at jhu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
>> LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
>> I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
>> I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

MiKTeX search path corrupted? Filename databse problem?

> See http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/inconsolata-sty-is-liable-to-disappear-texinfo-5-1-td4669976.html
>
> Get R-patched.

Other option:

Try another MiKTeX update.

I've just had a look at what TeX Live Utility would want to update in MacTeX 2013 and it appears that inconsolata is back.
And it's also on CTAN: http://www.ctan.org/pkg/inconsolata (dated 2013-07-03).

Berend