[R] Use R for data aggregation

nntx sheldon.qiu at okstate.edu
Fri Jul 12 08:15:07 CEST 2013

I have a set of evaluation variables (n) for each sample (sample size is
large enough) and I am trying to use R (nnet package) to aggregate the data.
However, I don't know the weight for each variable (I am sure the weight
shouldn't be equally assigned). Specifically, I have 12 indices (CO2, SO2,
TSP...) for 100 cities and I want to calculate weight for each and finally
obtain a comprehensive index and rankings for the cities.

Could anyone give me an idea how can I realize this? Thank you very much.