[R] dummy encoding in metafor

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Mon Jan 28 10:38:59 CET 2013

Dear Alma,

either there is a whole lot of miscommunicaton here, or you (and your supervisor) are way in over your head.

You say that you are working with Cohen's d values. And you mentioned CMA. So, let me ask you some questions:

1) Has CMA computed those d values for you?
2) If yes, what information did you supply to CMA for the computation of those d values? (means, standard deviations, and the sample sizes of the two groups?)
3) Did CMA then provide you with a column of values that are the corresponding sampling variances or standard errors? (those values should NOT all be equal to 1!)

Best,
Wolfgang