[R] confidence / prediction ellipse

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Jan 27 21:43:42 CET 2013

Dear Giuseppe and Bert,

I also didn't follow what's intended, more or less for the same reasons as
Bert mentioned, which is why I didn't reply to the initial posting. In the
car package, confidenceEllipse() draws confidence ellipses for a pair of
coefficients from a statistical model, and dataEllipse() draws
bivariate-normal concentration ellipses for the bivariate distribution of
two variables.

I'm copying to Georges Monette and Michael Friendly, coauthors of these
functions, in case they have something to add.

I hope that this helps, but I doubt that it does.

John

John Fox
Senator McMaster Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada