[R] scan not working

Sun Jan 27 20:49:25 CET 2013

Hi,

It sounds like you just want to write a command line script using R
and you would pass the suffix/prefix as command line args, no?

Why not just go with what Peter has already suggested with
`commandArgs`, or if you want a more feature-rich command line arg
parser, you can try:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/optparse/index.html

If the command line argument thing won't work for you, perhaps you can
elaborate more? For instance, you mention that you know how you might
do "this" in Perl ... perhaps you can clarify "this" a bit more.

-steve