[R] How to remove packages from the active working window

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 05:12:50 CET 2013

On Jan 26, 2013, at 6:26 PM, hp wan wrote:

> Hi all mailing listers,
>
> My question is as follows:
>
> e.g.
> I launched two packages, say packageA and packageB, but they have the
> function of the same name, leading to masking. I want to remove the
> packageA from the working window after using the packageA so as not to
> causing problem. I do not want to carry out task each time using
> packageA
> and  packageB individually because many the tasks share many
> parameters.
>
> Any ideals and suggestion will be much appreciated.

Including some specifics would support a better answer. It is
_sometimes_ possible to detach a namespace. See:

unloadNamespace

If all you want to do is call a particular function in pkgA  which was
masked by a more recently loaded package pckB, then you can call the
desired function as:

pkgA::func_name(args(

--

David Winsemius, MD