[R] Saving or copying graphics from Quartz returns empty file

heatherchapman heatherchapman at weber.edu
Fri Jan 25 01:26:53 CET 2013

Hi,
I need some help figuring out how to save or copy graphs I've created in the
Quartz screen. I'm using a Mac, Mountain Lion OS, and have version 2.15.2.

When I save a graphic, the process either crashes R, or if it saves the
file, when I open it, it is a blank file or I get an error message that says
"The file Rplot.pdf could not be opened." When I try to copy the graphic
instead and paste into any other program (Word, Excel, etc), a blank image
frame is all I get.

I assume there is a package I've not loaded or some fix I need to make. Any
ideas? Help...?