[R] Pasting a list of parameters into a function

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 24 20:09:08 CET 2013

On 24-01-2013, at 18:56, hp wan <huaping.wan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi mailing listers,
>
> Sorry, I made a little mistake in the previous mail. B^{1} should be B^{-1}.
>
> Is there certain function in R deal with how to compute generalized
> eigenvalues, that is the problem: A*x* = ëB*x *? When I use
> eigen(B^{-1}*A), error happened. It displays there are many Inf elements in
> B^{-1}.

You should not reply to a message and change the subject.
Create a new thread with you subject.

Did you literally do B^{-1}? That doesn't calculate the inverse of B.
In addition Matrix * Matrix does elementwise multiplication. You should have used %*%.

You could try eigen(solve(B,A)). Not the best way but it might be sufficient for your purpose.

There appears to be package imad on R-forge that has an interface to Lapack's dggev.

Berend

Please do not send html mails. And don't boldify things. In plain text 8 will be inserted rendering your text possibly incomprehensible.