[R] Issue while installing Hmisc package

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:34:19 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM, vaseem shaikh <vsmakrm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> I have tried with different CRAN but still i am getting the same error.

Most likely you've got something blocking your network. Can you
download the source / binary from the CRAN pages (using your
web-browser) and then install from the command line? Hmisc doesn't
require any special tools to build so that shouldn't be too hard.

> But still, i am also trying to install the package by locally giving
> absolute path with repos= Null and type = "Source", will CRAN have any role
> to play here???

You can't "escape" CRAN entirely in this case (unless you know where
the source is, which I don't) -- it's the distribution network.

MW