[R] How to change R file in stats?

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Thu Jan 17 15:23:40 CET 2013

> Stats is a base package, so that won't work.  Base packages
> are built and installed differently from other packages.
Dang! Of course it is. Scratch previous response.

The irony is that my first thought was indeed "Read 'R Installation and configuration' with special attention to 'Building from source'". As you say, rather extreme ... and having recently done that myself I recalled the 'finish PhD thesis' bit of those instructions.)

Agree entirely, though, that modifying base package source is not at all a good way for an ordinary user to get a bettter dendrogram.  Really something one would only consider if intending to suggest a patch to R-core.