[R] configure/build R on Windows

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:44:04 CET 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 20:24 , Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 15.01.2013 22:24, Beto . wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone knows if there is a Documentation or any wiki that
>> could help me to configure and build R
>>  using cygwin with the Intel Compilers on Windows?
>

> No, cygwin is an unsupported platform.

Let me clarify that a bit: We're not forbidding people to try, or help each other with trying. It's just that R Core members have tried and failed to make a satisfactorily working build and at some point decided not to even try any more. So you're on your own.

(I seem to recall that there is some lurking nastiness. If you manage to get something running, make very sure that R passes its "make check-all" self-tests before you release it on unsuspecting users!)

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com