[R] readJPEG function cannot open jpeg files

Mon Jan 14 17:25:19 CET 2013

Being unable to open a file is a related to your operating system and how R interacts with that OS. If your interactive development environment (IDE, of which RStudio is an example) is trying to make things simpler for you but you don't understand how to use it, then you need to ask help from your RStudio support resources, not here.

When posting here, you should mention your results from using base R functions like

?sessionInfo
?getwd
?list.files

as indicated in the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of every R-help email.

Consistent with the fact that this is an interface issue between R and the OS, sometimes you will have to investigate the problem from outside R. For example, you might need to investigate issues with security permissions that are OS specific and completely outside the scope of this forum.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing