[R] Sweave, Texshop, and sync with included Rnw file

michele caseposta mic.cipi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:25:24 CET 2013

Hello everyone.
I am in the process of writing a book in Latex with Texshop, on Mac.
This book contains a lot of R code, hence the need to use Sweave.
I was able to compile Rnw files, and to sync back and forth from the pdf to the source Rnw.
My problem now is that the book is divided in Chapters, and every chapter is in its own Rnw file.
I can compile them from the main one (book.Rnw) using the directive

\SweaveInput{chapter1.Rnw}

The problem stands in the fact that like this I am missing synchronization between the pdf and the source Rnw. If part of text is in book.Rnw I can synchronize, but if the text is in one of the included files, it just doesn't work.
I am using the sweave engine found in the following webpage:

http://cameron.bracken.bz/synctex-with-sweavepgfsweave-in-texshoptexworks

Has anybody succeeded in synchronizing with included Rnw files?

Thanks,
Mic